Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cadel and the Media



VeloNews posted this youtube of Cadel Evans today, flipping out on a reporter.

Now, I'm not the biggest Evans fan in the world. In fact, I'm actively rooting against him. However, I don't actually dislike him. Videos of him overreacting don't help, but I feel like defending Cadel right now.

Dealing with the media has to suck. You ride for over 100 km, you're sore from the ride, your body is in pain from the crashes, and you have to talk to all of these people crowding your space. You have to plaster on a fake smile and answer each inane question like it was the first time you heard it. It's a tough gig. I understand that. And it's not like Cadel has ever had a real fuzzy relationship with the media anyway.

But it still doesn't excuse it, man. You can't react. You can't slap the reporter. Or else you end up on youtube looking like a jackass.

Bonus points to the bodyguard who called the reporter a douchebag.

1 Comments:

Blogger uberschuck said...

Awesome. That's so fun to watch. Evans looks like a bratty teenager. I'm torn here because I think Evans is jerk, but I do like the fact that he's got no problem constantly displaying utter contempt for reporters. Through jaundiced eyes it all looks good.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com