Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I'm a Moron

About the only thing I've learned during this first week of the Tour is that I am a total moron.

I make fun of Agributel, they win a stage. I pooh pooh Gerolsteiner, they win a stage and have Schumacher in yellow. I write off Cavendish, he wins a stage. I marvel of Kirchen, he decides to not contend a sprint. I say the crash isn't that bad, it turns out Soler broke his wrist and he's out of the Tour

Seriously, I got nothing. I've been about as wrong as someone can be in the first week. So it was nice that things reverted back to form in Stage 5. It was the kind of stage that made perfect sense. Even if, once again, it made me look stupid.

This has already been an exiciting Tour and we're only five stages in. We aren't even in the mountains yet. How great is this?

2 Comments:

Blogger uberschuck said...

Well, I've thought you were a moron for over a decade now, so don't feel so bad.

On the topic of Cavendish, you're not totally off. You didn't say he'd win no stages, you just said he was out of the running for the green jersey. He's still over 30 points behind.

As you mentioned, Kirchen stands to pick up points in mountain stages, and he could start that tomorrow.

Regain your confidence. I want you to believe in yourself again so that you can have your spirits crushed all over again and write another post on how you're a moron.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Poseur said...

Thanks.

Well, Cavendish is not going to catch THOR! barring a crash or some other big event. And Kirchen really can still contest the Green and I'm really rooting for him to do it. I don't know if he will, but I want to see it.

Oh yeah, you're an asshole.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com