Friday, May 05, 2006

Giro Starts on Sunday

OK, we're back after hiatus. I can't really say I have some big Giro prediction like we normally do for the TdF, mainly because I use the Giro to form some opinions on my TdF picks. Right now, we've just had some one-day classics and some meaningless tours. So it's hard to say who is the man right now.

But, since it's the Giro, you know an Italian is gonna win. And the early hype is for Cunego and Basso, begging the question: didn't Salvodeli win this thing last year? What is he? Chopped liver?

Considering that Basso has got to be thinking this is the year he can win yellow, my first instinct is that he lays up a bit in the Giro. Only then I remember these things:

1. Basso rode the Giro insanely tough even with illness last year.
2. When was the last time anyone pulled off the double?
3. Basso is fucking awesome.

So I'll go out on that huge limb and pick Basso to win this thing. The Grand Tours are back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com